Did you know? Interesting facts about Helsinki, Finland!
For more information on Estonian Experience Helsinki Tours.
- Helsinki was founded by a Swedish King in the 16th century.
- The coastline of Helsinki is beautifully decorated and spans over 315 islands.
- It is the home of northern most metro station, motorway and vineyard in the world
- Helsinki uses a squirrel as it´s symbol.
- The Finns are not known for being overly talkative.
- In Finland there’s a competition where men carry women, so called Wife Carrying Championships.
- Throwing one´ s cell phones is also another rather typical Finnish competition.
- World- famous Finns include the composer Jean Sibelius, celebrated designer Alvar Aalto and legendary runner Paavo Nurmi.
- Helsinki was chosen to be the World Design Capital for 2012.
- The unique and popular souvenirs to take home from Finland are salty licorice candy, canned reindeer meat and authentic glassware.
Your Helsinki & Finland travel information is available here:
Contact us for more local tips!
Book your private Tallinn tour here:
+372 53 464 060
Private tours in with passion!
Follow Estonian Experience on Facebook